Tax planning is another priority area for all families, but especially for those touched by a disability. By taking advantage of all available tax breaks, families can maximize income left for living expenses and to save for the individual’s future. Here are just a few tax strategies to consider:
- Apply for CPP/QPP disability pension
- Claim non-refundable disability and medical expense credits
- Claim refundable medical expense supplement
- Apply for attendant care expense deduction and caregiver credit
- Transfer unused non-refundable credits to spouse or supporter
- Claim GST/HST/QST rebate
We would be happy to discuss these and other possibilities with you. As part of our client service, we will keep you updated as the tax rules evolve.